COVID-19: Working Together To Keep Our Community Healthy
WE’VE GOT YOU
The safety and well-being of our residents and team members are always our top priority. As you are well aware, Coronavirus (or COVID-19) continues to be of significant concern across the U.S. – including college campuses. Rest assured- our property will remain open for our tenants. We continue to monitor the situation and adapt and improve our policies as we move forward together into this “new normal”.
How We are Taking Action
We are taking additional steps to maintain a clean environment and enhance resident safety, including:
- Cleaning public touch points- handrails, office areas, show units, etc.
- We sourced hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, and disposable masks, and have made them available in the common areas for residents to use and have encouraged them to do the same.
- We’ve hired additional cleaning staff and have directed our own employees to clean the common spaces more frequently and have adjusted cleaning products to comply with CDC recommendations.
- To practice effective social distancing, we have officially gone to contact-free offices meaning all leasing (including touring), paying rent, placing work orders and management communication are all available online.
- To continue our social distancing efforts for those that prefer to do things in person, we have opened a second office in our model. This office is just for leasing and tours, allowing our main office to focus on resident issues. This additional space allows our employees to socially distance while working, allows us to reduce the risk of crowding, and allows us to better service your needs.
- As of June 1st we will be conducting in-person tours by appointment. We have installed safety shields in our office as well as sanitizing stations that must be used prior to entering our model or our offices.
The Benefits to Living at Pomona West
- All rooms at PW are private. No double occupancy will be allowed.
- Each unit comes with two full-size bathrooms with double sinks. This means each resident has their own sink and bathroom storage space.
- PW is located on a large lot, putting a lot of distance between each building. We also have a wrap around parking lot which allows you to park closer to your unit. Within each building, we leave at least 12 feet between your apartment’s front door and the front door to your nearest neighbor.
- Full-size, energy-efficient washer and dryer in every unit. (you will never have to go the laundromat and deal with stranger lint!!) Plus it is just convenient to be able to do laundry on your on schedule.
- Each apartment has its own central heating and air controlled by a nest thermostat and a dedicated water heater. This means you don’t share recirculated air or water with any other apartments.
- Our huge dog park allows you to play with your favorite furry friend while enjoying some outdoor time, with plenty of room for social distancing
Being mindful of your surroundings and taking basic precautions will help our residents protect themselves and others from this virus. During this time, until further notice, we have asked that all residents limit unnecessary guests to their apartment. In addition and in accordance of their lease, residents have been asked to refrain from inviting anyone outside the current lease to reside in your apartment.
The university and its on-campus health center, and the community health department have stepped up their communications and recommendations. As we’ve shared, we’ve asked residents to remain vigilant about their own care and continue to look for useful advice being provided.
At our properties, we have adopted guidelines and recommendations from both the CDC and the WHO.
U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Coronavirus:
- General information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- FAQs: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
World Health Organization (WHO):
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed.
As a reminder, the CDC recommends several simple actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases (such as Coronavirus), including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your face: eyes, nose, mouth and ears.
- If you are sick or think you may be sick, stay home, avoid others you live with and clean any surfaces you might touch / infect. If you think you have Coronavirus symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath – please see: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html ), please contact a healthcare professional immediately.
- Cover your cough and/or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands immediately after.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a
regular household cleaning spray or disinfectant wipe. Follow the CDC’s
recommendations for using a facemask:
- The CDC is currently recommending that facemasks be worn in public settings when close contact with others is expected - while we don't require guests to wear masks, our staff will be masked for any interactions with current or prospective residents, and we have disposable masks available for anyone who wants them in both our leasing and main offices.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Wash your hands with soap and water (when possible) or hand sanitizer if they are visibly dirty.
Have a question we haven’t answered?
Contact the Pomona West College Apartments leasing office. Our friendly and professional team is here to guide you through the leasing process, from move-in to move out.